AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

What I Learned Wednesday - Repetition Works

Welcome to my very first "What I Learned Wednesday" post. The first of many, many more to come. Join the fun, post what you learned this week, and link up below. The code for the image is located in my sidebar. All I ask is you link back to this post. Oh, and make sure you link to your post and not your blog in general, okay?

Ever notice many of the classes taken are quite repetitive? I have taken several classes on variations of management accounting, statistics, ethics, and cross cultural management. Oh, I am an accounting major, in case you did not know this already. So, I have often wondered about this redundancy. I mean, why do I have to keep learning the same thing in a different way under a different course title? I believe they call it "sinking in". See, redundancy is the wrong word; they are repetitive. You know, like when you were younger and were learning how to spell and the teacher would have you write the words 5 or 10 times. This was to get the spelling to sink in and come time for the test you would know the correct spelling for each of those words, hopefully.

After taking my umpteenth management accounting class it is finally sinking in for me. I remember more and more of what terms mean, how they are used, the formulas, the reasoning, the what, why, where, how, and why. Who really thinks they can remember all of this stuff? I save all my accounting books for future references (that and I will never recuperate the costs). Now I know while I may need to reference some things, I will remember many others. And this is a GREAT feeling.

What have you learned this week? Grab the button from my sidebar, then add a link to your post below using MckLinky. Not sure how to link up? Leave a comment or send me an email (or both) and I will happily walk you through it.

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities