AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

Low Price & Eco-Friendly Textbooks


For the past two and a half years I have been paying anywhere from $100 to $200 for textbooks, per class! That is right! I just paid $200 for a textbook and another $100 for a workbook for just one class. And my school does NOT buy back books. This is a tremendous expense and one that should be addressed, but that is another post.

What would you say if I told you I found a way to pay much, much less than $200 for a textbook? You would be there, right? There is one little catch. I know, I know, but if you can handle it you will save a TON of money. And who does not want that?

First, an example. I bought the textbook Information Systems Today for just under $200 through my school. I am fairly certain I will not be using this book beyond this course, so that is $200 thrown out the window. For $89.67 I could have purchased a 180-day eTextbook subscription from CourseSmart. Yes, an eTextbook. These are available in two versions: online and download.

Since I take all of my classes online, an eTextbook would work out well for me. I would always have it available (as long as I had my laptop and internet access, for the online version), it would not take up space in my house (along with all of the other dust collecting texts), and it would save me money. In this instance it would be a $110.33 or 55% savings.

Unfortunately, I am almost through with my education and have paid full price these past two and a half years. Fortunately, you can learn from my mistakes. If you are in the digital age, then eTextbooks could be just what the professor ordered! Why not give them a try? Save a little money and a tree at the same time. Talk about your warm, fuzzy feelings!
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities