AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

Education Investment Planner

Sallie Mae has a free tool available for those wanting to know how much money it is going to take to get that degree. It answers the following four questions:

  1. How much might college really cost?
  2. Is there a way to compare costs from different schools?
  3. What will my student loan payment be after I graduate?
  4. What are the different ways I can pay for school?

Did you know when I started pursuing my degree at Keiser University I did not know how much it was going to cost? I had a vague idea, sure. All in all, I estimate the cost of my returning to school to be $25,000, not including books. When I am finished I will have taken 30 classes with an average book cost of $100, paid out of pocket (not through loans).

In-state versus out-of-state; local versus going away. It costs almost three times as much to attend an out-of-state school. My daughter did not apply to her first choice school due to the expense. Room and board plus a meal plan really adds to the cost of an education as well. If you have a college nearby, then save some money by living at home instead on in the dorm.

Many schools are seeing a decrease in enrollment. What does this mean for you? It could mean you have a better chance of getting into your first choice. But, it most likely means you will be paying more for your education. With the drop in students, colleges and universities are looking to make up this lost income through higher tuition. The good news is there are plenty of ways to fund your education.

With Sallie Mae's education investment planner you can estimate costs at over 5,500 colleges and graduate schools for every year in school. Then you can build and save plans to compare costs. Forecast monthly loan payments for after you graduate. And explore the many funding options: savings, scholarships, grants, student loans.

When you sign up (remember, this is a free service) you are automatically entered in Sallie Mae's $1,000 monthly drawing.
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities