AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

Money Saving Tips Prior to Hitting the Stores

I know this is a bit off topic, but feel it a worthwhile post all the same. During these tough economic times, I know this is nothing new, we have to watch every penny. During my online, and offline, shopping I have come across several sites that are a "must see" before any shopping trip.

First let us start with the rebate shopping sites. There are several out there and you must decide which is giving the best rebate in the manner best suited to your needs. I know of three good sites I have personally used.

  • Ebates.com - Ebates gives an incentive to join and periodic incentives to continue using their site. Additionally, they offer rebates on all purchases made through their site links and give a list of coupons for various vendors.
  • Cashbaq.com - Cashbaq is similar to Ebates. They too give incentives to join and rebates on purchases made through their site. You may want to vary your shopping between the two to get the most for your shopping dollar.
  • Upromise.com - Upromise is a bit different. Yes they also offer rebates on purchases made through their site, but there is more; they offer cash back on purchases made by using your frequent shopper card for places like Kroger and CVS or by using your Upromise Mastercard. Additionally, there are specific product purchases that give cash back. But the main difference between Upromise and the other rebate sites is your Upromise money is specifically geared towards college savings. If you have no need for this, then try one of the other sites.

Second I want to touch on a coupon site I have found to be quite useful. Retailmenot.com is a great site to find coupons for online and offline use. Some may already be listed on the rebates sites above, but this is a good place to find additional savings.

Lastly, remember to find the stores you like to shop the most and sign up for their newsletters. Some stores offer email online incentives and coupons. I have received several coupons for free stuff from Bath and Body Works and have been notified of unadvertised sales from Old Navy by way of email newsletters. You can also check out sites like freebies4mom.com for additional savings and updates.

Happy Saving!

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities