AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

It is Always in Season to Earn Money for College

It is mid-year and everyone is coming off the holiday high and hitting those books once again. While many may be focused on the return to school or looking forward to Spring Break (woo hoo), now is a great time to apply for some great scholarships. Remember, those student loans will have to be paid one day, why not lessen your burden and win some money to pay for school.

CollegeBoard Scholarship Search is a great resource to start your search for scholarships that match you. Not everyone has a 4.0 GPA or volunteers; and what about extracurricular activities? If you are like me a returning student then many of the scholarships you might come across can seem discouraging. But do not fret; there are many scholarships available for all types of students.

Previously I have mentioned FastWeb and Scholarships.com and feel them to be so valuable that another mention is just what is needed. First, sign up for an account with FastWeb. They send you email updates on new scholarship and internship opportunities. Additionally, FastWeb sends reminders of scholarship deadlines. If you favorited a scholarship and forgot about it FastWeb will remind you; and in plenty of time for submission. But wait, there is more. FastWeb has tons of resources ranging from how to prepare for college, write an essay, the advantage of applying online, etc.

Scholarships.com is more than just a great site for finding scholarship opportunities. Scholarships.com has valuable resource information on applications strategies, area of study specific scholarship opportunities, listing by grade level (high school, undergraduate, graduate), listing by state, and other financial aid opportunities. You do not know what is available if you never look.

Scholarships are not the only way to prepare and pay for college. While web surfing yesterday I came across a great article: BargainBriana.com on Upromise. Upromise is a great way to save for school. Many of us shop online and Upromise is just the place to shop your way into college savings. Every time you shop through Upromise a percentage of the money spent is put into your Upromise account. Use this money to pay off a student loan or to further fund that 529 account of yours. I have saved over $500 since starting with Upromise. To do this I applied for the Upromise credit card and pay for everything I can with it. I earn 1% on all purchases. Now, I am not condoning going into credit card debt to save 1% for college. That would defeat the whole purpose. I pay the bill in full every month. If you are unable to budget for this then I would suggest not getting the credit card. But shop through the Upromise links and you will still earn a return on your shopping investment; and who doesn't like that.
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities