AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

A Great Deal, Useful Student Network, & A Free Online PDF Editor

In my search for the best deals and useful sites available I found a sweet deal direct from Microsoft just for students (requires an .edu email address). The complete MS Office 2007 Ultimate sells for $325 to $824 online; Walmart has it listed for $599.99. You can buy the student addition for about $119, but it does not include everything.

Do you have any pdf files that need to be edited? What about multiple files you would like to condense into one? With PDFHammer you can do all this with no program to download. And this is offered at absolutely no charge.

Then there is this great site I happened upon. Have you ever missed class and all the notes with it? Ever need another perspective? How would you like to earn points redeemable for rewards just for contributing your notes and blogging with other students? At isleptthroughclass.com you can exchange notes and ideas with other students and get information on college life or search for a job. You must have a .edu email address to register.

For more information click on the links below:
  • Microsoft Office 2007 (Ultimate) for $59.99 - This is a great deal directly from Microsoft for students. This includes the following: Word 2007, Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Outlook 2007, OneNote 2007, Groove 2007, Publisher 2007, Access 2007, InfoPath 2007, and Accounting Express 2008. You must have an email address ending in .edu to qualify.
  • I Slept Through Class :: College Class Notes - A site for students needing help with their classes. Look for notes for a class, post notes from a class, or network with other students. Earn points for submitting notes and blogging on the site. Redeem points for gift cards to your favorite stores. There's also a job search specifically for college students. You must have an email address ending in .edu to register.
  • PDFHammer.com - "With PDF Hammer you can quickly and easily edit PDF files online, without the need to install anything. Upload your PDF files to PDF Hammer from your Web browser, perform your edits, and then download back to your computer. The visual editor lets you see the pages of the PDFs as you edit them."

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities