AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

What I Learned Wednesday - Epiphanies Happen When You Aren't Looking

Join the fun, post what you learned this week, and link up below. The code for the image is located in my sidebar. All I ask is you link back to this post. Oh, and make sure you link to your post and not your blog in general, okay?

Today was much like any other day since I lost my job a year ago [it was a year last Wednesday]. I woke up after everyone else had gone for the day [work, school] and reheated some coffee. I let the dog out, then proceeded to check my email.

I now have a few more email addresses and am juggling several blogs. This year I am actively participating in NaNoWriMo [National Novel Writing Month]. I am pleased to announce that as of yesterday I had written 20,085 words of the 50,000 word challenge. In participating in this challenge I am being exposed to many writers. Some of these writers, to me, have far greater talent than I do.

Between managing my blogs [of course I did fall behind on this here blog], schoolwork, family responsibilities, and all those other things I am supposed to concern myself, I have been plugging along towards finishing my novel [or very rough draft] and winning the NaNoWriMo challenge. It is with my mind set towards this goal that I had my epiphany.

First, I wanted to share [part of] the definition of epiphany as given by dictionary.com:

  1. a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
  2. a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
I actually learned two things since I did not realize where the term epiphany arose - as in meaning #1. But I was fully aware of the term as defined in #2.

It was this sudden, intuitive perception that struck me today. I realized that everything I have been searching for, the meaning I seek was always there. I am a writer. Not that I want to be a writer, but I am a writer.

All these thoughts that run rampant through my mind. Ever since I was a child. As long as I can remember. These are characters waiting to be set free. Waiting for pen to meet paper [or fingers on keyboard to meet screen]. Waiting to be given the breath of life. Waiting for me to give to them the chance to work out their isms. Letting them love, and want, and get angry, and scared. Letting them grow. I am a writer.

What have you learned this week? Grab the button from my sidebar, then add a link to your post below using MisterLinky. Not sure how to link up? Leave a comment or send me an email (or both) and I will happily walk you through it.






Search & Win
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities