AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

What I Learned Wednesday - Take Time for Yourself

Join the fun, post what you learned this week, and link up below. The code for the image is located in my sidebar. All I ask is you link back to this post. Oh, and make sure you link to your post and not your blog in general, okay?

This past weekend my family and I took some time out and took a little trip to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. School for my youngest two (13 & 16) starts today and my oldest starts college at the end of the month. Me, I am perpetually in school, but have a week off between semesters next week. It was nice to get away from school, computers, blogging, and phones and just be for a few days.

I had won four tickets to any Six Flags park and was really glad I did. The family wanted to go to a theme park this summer, but did not think we could afford it. Not that the trip was entirely free. The four free tickets were a nice discount, though. We spent seven glorious hours at the Six Flags last Saturday; most of it in the water park. It was hot!

Each night I read before falling asleep. And it was really nice being with the family without all of the technological distractions. Taking time for yourself can be as simple as reading a few chapters of a book each day for fun or a nap in the middle of the day. Just remember to unwind and unplug every once in awhile and recharge those batteries. You will be glad you did; I am.

What have you learned this week? Grab the button from my sidebar, then add a link to your post below using MckLinky. Not sure how to link up? Leave a comment or send me an email (or both) and I will happily walk you through it.

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities