AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

What I Learned Wednesday - It Takes Money To Make Money

Join the fun, post what you learned this week, and link up below. The code for the image is located in my sidebar. All I ask is you link back to this post. Oh, and make sure you link to your post and not your blog in general, okay?

Sure, we all know the saying 'it takes money to make money'. One usually says this when making a bet or buying stocks, but it is also true with careers. Think about it. In order to make decent money you have to spend *a lot* of money on an education. My daughter just finished her financial aid package. Not including the Pell Grant and not including any increase in tuition or interest accrued, her total financing will be $55,000! All of this just to become a teacher. No wonder they complain about the low pay.

My return to college has cost me $30,000 in loans and another $3,000 in textbooks. Not to mention the two calculators (1 scientific and 1 financial). I could add the cost of the MacBook I purchased and the upgrade to DSL, but they benefit me in other ways as well. Sadly, when all is said and done there is no guarantee of a job to pay for this lovely education. Yet, without the education there would most certainly be no job, at least not the kind of job offering the kind of pay I would want.

What have you learned this week? Grab the button from my sidebar, then add a link to your post below using MckLinky. Not sure how to link up? Leave a comment or send me an email (or both) and I will happily walk you through it.

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities