AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

Winter Semester Starts Today


I am sure there are those of you lucky enough to be off until the middle of January. For those of you, like me, whose break ended yesterday, let us sharpen those pencils, break out those shiny new books, and get to it! Today is the start of my winter semester. Some of you may have fall, spring, and summer semesters only. That is cool. Then today is the start of your spring semester. My classes just keep rolling along one month at a time with short breaks in between.

This month, today, I start Project Management. It will be a lot of work based on the syllabus. There are two chat threads each week with three posts required for each, homework, tests, mid-terms and finals, and a report due Wednesday of week four. In case you are new, I am an online student. Up until a two month ago I worked a very demanding full time job and with the extreme ruralness of my community online college was my only real option.

As with any new course, I am excited and nervous, and ready to learn something new. This course should be a great help since I am an extremely disorganized person. Not the best quality for a bookkeeper and accounting major. Oh, I can meet deadlines and get my work done, but something always falls by the wayside. Usually my family and personal life gets the shaft. So, I am going to give this class my attention and walk away with something useful for my life, not just my job or education.

What classes are you taking this semester? As I stated earlier, I take one class each month. January is Project Management, then it is Managerial/Cost Accounting in February, followed by Auditing in March, and Income Tax Accounting in April - talk about your perfect timing. I am definitely hitting the home stretch. Question will be whether having this degree will really help me find a good, long-term career position. I hope so, or else it is going to be one really expensive piece of paper!

Ah, the joys of school and the sadness of a break that has ended. Here is to all of you heading back to class today. Good luck and remember, Spring Break is just around the corner!
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities