AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

Unique Online College

I notice when searching for online colleges the same ones come up time and time again: Kaplan, University of Phoenix, Everett. I am not saying these are not good schools. I do not know as I have not attended any of them. I change my search to colleges offering online classes and I still get these, but I also get some new yet familiar names as well: Liberty, University of Virginia, University of Maryland. Not once in any of these searches do I come across the college I do attend. That is the one I want to talk about today.

When one thinks of college they think of a two to four course load per semester. This can be a bit daunting for the full time employee, especially if you also have a full time family. I think my family mentioned this college to me as I can not seem to find it in any average search online. See, I am a full time student. I did have a full time job and still have a full time family. Oh, did I mention I am a 4.0 gpa full time student? The college I attend offers a unique way of attending school. One that lets you concentrate fully on the course at hand and not be divided by many classes at one time. I take one class every four weeks. This allows me the time to give my full attention to the particular subject I am taking each month.

Check out Keiser University (click here). Keiser is based out of Florida and is a real brick and mortar school. They have students from all over the United States and the world and are accredited. Their philosophy is simple and it works.

Do your homework and see which school, online or traditional, is right for you. College can be daunting, especially if you are older, already in the workforce, and/or have other obligations. Who knows, this may be the type of school you have been looking for to continue with your education. And do not forget to check out the various scholarship sites and complete your free application for federal student aid (FAFSA).

Good luck!
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities