AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

The Importance of Knowing...

Today I learned an all-important lesson - knowledge before testing.

See, this awesomely great bookkeeping from home opportunity was within my grasp... until I had to take a test. I know how to follow directions and figure out just about any computer program out there - if I truly have an interest in it. Tests, not so much. I understand their importance. I truly do. But when I say I do not use a program often as I have been using industry-specific software this should be an indicator to how well I will do on a test for this not often used program. Needless to say, I am fairly certain unless everyone else does exceptionally bad, I blew this opportunity... for now. Next time I will be prepared.

For any position applied it is important to be able to fully comprehend the knowledge you will be required to prove. I know, the interview process is stressful enough. Let's make it less stressful by preparing ourselves for anything that may be thrown our way. I will be working on my quickbooks knowledge. This seems to be important. And brushing up on my Excel skills. One can never have enough letter writing experience. Most importantly, follow directions. Read everything. Read it twice or three times if necessary. Become familiar with the language and its use. The placement of words can change the entire meaning of a sentence.

It is important to get things right when you need to get them right. It also is important to learn when you get something wrong and not repeat it. Knowledge is power. Next time I will get it right the first time. Next time... because there will be a next time.
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities