AnneOnCollege.net

Learning something new every day!

About Me...

In June 2007 I decided to look into returning to school for my Bachelor's degree. I had been managing okay with my Associate's degree, but the idea of moving back home [South Florida] without more education under my belt was not so appealing. By the end of July I had started my first class. Two years later I am five classes away from completing that degree and my oldest child is about to start her college journey. View my complete profile

About This Blog...

With this blog I hope to share some of what I have learned through my experiences as an online student and now, mom of a college student. Here you will find great scholarships, student deals, and other information to help with your voyage into higher education. Happy Studying!

FAFSA

Do not be fooled by those other sites. Your first stop in your pursuit of college is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need last year's tax return. If you filed on your parents' return, then you will need them to assist you. College financial aid departments first have you go through this process in determining your eligibility for scholarships, grants, and student loans. Be mindful of those deadlines and complete your application as soon as possible. The best part is it saves your information so you do not have to re-enter your information year after year. Each year you will go back and update your tax information and receive your new determination. Oh, and do not lose that all important paper with your PIN. This will be mailed to you and you will need this every time you log in.

And while you are on the FAFSA site, find your state and find those deadlines as well. Good luck!

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Photobucket

Jeep

Fall Flowers

Panda eating

Spare Change

Ivy Dog

Birthday Cake

Red Converse

Swing

  
Angie’s List - Find thousands of unbiased ratings and reviews on service companies in your area, join Angie’s List today.

research on grants, scholarships, colleges, legitimate work at home opportunities